EN 50525-3-31, UNE 211002
(Construction and tests)
Low voltage Directive: 2014/35/UE
CPR REGULATION 305/2011/UE:
Reaction to fire (B2ca - s1a, d1, a1)
TYPE2: Fire retardant according to IEC 60332-3-24; EN 60332-3-24
Technical characteristics & performances
- Solid conductor (class 1) mm2
- Stranded conductor (class 2) mm2
- Maximum service temperature: 70ºC / 160ºC
- 450 / 750 V C.A.
- Easier pulling
- Easy peeling / easy strip
- B2ca-s1a,d1,a1 (reaction to fire)
- Flame retardant
- Fire retardant
- Low heat emission
- Low production of flaming droplets
- Low opacity & production of smoke
- Low acidity & conductivity of the gases: pH<4,3 2,5 µS/mm
- Halogen free
- Low emission of toxic gases
Uses and applications
- Panel and appliance wiring
- Installations with risk of fire or explosion
- BD2, BD3, BD4 (skyscrapers, tunnels…)
- Buildings receiving the public
- Residential use
- Indoor use
DOWNLOADS:Technical Datasheet Quality certificate
H07Z1-U (s: 1,5/2,5/4 mm2) H07Z1-R (s= from 6 up to 120 mm2)
European standard EN 50525-3-31 and Spanish standard UNE 211002.Single core non-sheathed cables with halogen-free thermoplastic insulation, and low emission of smoke
- CONDUCTOR:Rigid annealed plain copper conductor, class 1 (cross sectional areas: 1,5/2,5/4 mm2 – solid (-U)) or class 2 (cross sectional area ≥ 6 mm2 – stranded (-R)) according to the International, European and Spanish standards IEC 60228; EN 60228; UNE EN 60228.- INSULATION:Halogen free Insulation of thermoplastic polyolefin compound (Type TI 7) according to the European Standard EN 50363-7
Normal operation temperature:
Short-circuit temperature (5 s max):
*INSULATION: black, brown, gray, blue, yellow-green, red, white. Other colours on request.
REACTION TO FIRE. StandardsDeclared performances: B2ca-s1a, d1, a1 (EN 50575:2014+A1:2016)
- Flame retardant: EN 60332-1-2; IEC 60332-1 (H≤425 mm)- Fire retardant: EN 50399 (Fs ≤ 1,5 m - Flame source: 20,5 kW)- Heat generation: EN 50399 (20,5 kW) (THR ≤ 15 MJ & Peak HRR ≤ 30 kW; FIGRA ≤ 150 W/s)- Low production and opacity of emitted smokes:s1 (EN 50399): TSP ≤ 50 m2 & Peak SPR ≤ 0,25 m2/ss1a: “s1” & transmittance > 80 % (UNE EN 61034-2; IEC 61034- 2)- Flaming droplets and/or particles: EN 50399 (llama: 20,5 kW):d1: If no flaming droplets/particles persisting longer than 10 s occurs within 1200 seconds- Low acidity and conductivity of the emitted gases: EN 60754-2; IEC 60754-2:a1: acidity(pH≥4,3) & conductivity < 2,5 microSiemens/mm- System AVCP: 1+- Notified body: 0099 AENOR S.A.U.- DoP: MB2H07Z1UTYPE2 / MB2H07Z1RTYPE2For covered range (+ information), please check out "CPR/DoP" section in our website.
*The packaging labels of these cables include the CE marking according to the CPR Regulation ((EU) Nº 305/2011) articles 8 and 9Other performances:
- Fire retardant: UNE EN 60332-3-24 / IEC 60332-3-24 (cat.C)
- Halogen free. Low emission of toxic gases: UNE EN 50267-2-1 / IEC 60754-1
Type of installation:
It is specially indicated for its use in public concurrence places (airports, museums, malls, hospitals, cinemas, schools...) and, in general, whenever an important fire risk exists or where it´s required low smoke and corrosive gases emmisions in case of fire or burning. Its special fire performance protects public health, fireman works and avoids any possible damage to electronic equipments.Suitable for fixed protected installation in, lighting and control gear for voltages up to and including 1 000 V A.C. or up to 750 V D.C. to earth.
TYPE2 cables are for use where special fire performance is necessary, or where local conditions or regulations require increased levels of public safety. They are especially suitable where cables are installed in bunches.They must be installed in surface-mounted or embedded conduits or similar closed systems (tube, cable ducting, cable trunking…). It can be used like internal wiring for electrical apparatus in areas under normal temperatures.(*) The maximum temperature for a conductor depends on the maximum temperature of the other cables or accessories around them.
- Maximum admissible currents in continuous duty are shown in the European standard HD 60364-5-52.- Maximum storage temperature: 40 ºC. Maximum installation and handling temperature: 5 ºC.- Minimum temperature: -10°C (Insulated conductor permanently installed without mechanical exigencies,vibrations and movements)
- Minimum bending radius (mm):D ≤ 8 (4D); 8 < D ≤ 12 (5D); 12 < D ≤ 20 (6D); D > 20 (6D);D = Cable diameter
- The tension applied to a cable shall not exceed the following values of tensile stress per conductor, subject to a total maximum tensile force of 1.000 N.50 N/ mm2 (during installation)In circumstances where a stress exceeding these values would result, a separate stress-bearing member or device shall be used. The method of attaching such a member or device to the cable shall be such that the cable is not damaged.