IEC 60502-1, UNE 21123-4
(Construction and tests)
LOW VOLTAGE DIRECTIVE: 2014/35 / EU
CPR Regulation (EU) No 305/2011:
Reaction to fire (Cca-s1b, d1, a1)
(Naval- Steel Ships)
Technical characteristics & performances
- Bunched conductor (class 5) mm2
- Maximum service temperature: 90ºC / 250ºC
- 0,6/1 (1,2) kV C.A
- Oil resistance
- Low temperature resistance
- Presence of water
- Cca-s1b,d1,a1 (reaction to fire)
- Flame retardant
- Fire retardant
- Low heat emission
- Low production of flaming droplets
- Low opacity & production of smoke
- Low acidity & conductivity of the gases: pH<4,3 2,5 µS/mm
- Halogen free
- Low emission of toxic gases
Uses and applications
- Distribution networks
- Installations with risk of fire or explosion
- BD2, BD3, BD4 (skyscrapers, tunnels…)
- Buildings receiving the public
- Steel ships
- Outdoor use
RZ1-K(AS) 0,6/1 kV
IEC 60502-1, UNE 21123-4 (Construction and tests)
Flexible, annealed, plain copper conductor, class 5 based on standard IEC 60228.
Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) according to International standard IEC 60502-1
- ASSEMBLY OF CONDUCTORS:
In multicore cables, the cores are cabled helically.
Extruded. Optional for multicore cables. Halogen free thermoplastic material, suitable for the operating temperature of the cable and compatible with the insulating and sheathing material.
Extruded polyolefin type ST8 according to International standard IEC 60502-1.
Identification of cores HD 308 S2:
2x - brown and blue
3x - brown, black and gray
3G - brown, blue and yellow / green
4x - brown, black, gray, blue
4G - brown, black, gray, yellow / green
5G - brown, black, gray, blue, yellow / green
Normal operation temperature:
Short-circuit temperature (5 s max):
3,5 kV (5 minutes)
Sheath: Green / Insulation (multicore): According to HD 308 S2, UNE 21089-1
- Reaction to fire: Cca-s1b, d1, a1 (EN 50575:2014+A1:2016)
• EN 60332-1-2; IEC 60332-1 (H≤425 mm) Flame retardant
• EN 50399 (flame source: 20,5 kW) Fs ≤ 2 m Fire retardant
• Low heat generation: EN 50399 (flame source: 20,5 kW)
- Total heat released: THR ≤ 30 MJ
- Maximum value of the heat released: Peak HRR ≤ 60 kW
- Indication of heat increase: FIGRA ≤ 300 W/s
• Low production and opacity of emitted smokes:
- s1 (EN 50399):
-Total smoke production: (TSP) ≤ 50 m2
-Maximum value of smokes released : (Peak SPR) ≤ 0,25 m2/s
- s1b: s1 and 60% < Transmittance < 80 % (UNE EN 61034-2; IEC 61034-2)
• Low production of flaming droplets (EN 50399 - flame source:20,5 kW):
- d1: No flaming droplets/particles persisting longer than 10' occurs within 1200'.
• Low acidity and conductivity of the emitted gases:
- a1: pH≥4,3 conductivity < 2,5 microS/mm (EN 60754-2; IEC 60754-2)
For covered range (+ information), please check out "CPR/DoP" section in our website.
*The packaging labels of these cables include the CE marking according to the CPR Regulation ((UE) Nº 305/2011) articles 8 and 9.
- Fire retardant: UNE EN 60332-3-22 & 24 / IEC 60332-3-22 & 4 (cat. A & C)
- Halogen free. Low emission of toxic gases: UNE EN 50267-2-1 / IEC 60754-1
Type of installation:
It is specially indicated for its use in distribution networks, public concurrence places (airports, museums, malls, schools, hospitals, cinemas,...) and in general, whenever an important fire risk exists or where it´s required a low smoke emission and corrosive gases in case of fire.
Its special fire performance protects public health, fireman works and avoid any possible damage to electronic equipments.
It is suitable for fixed installations with complex paths where its flexibility allows an easier installation.
“ (...)For electrical energy transport and distribution, distribution networks, protected or not. For indoor and outdoor installations. Non suitable for facilities of feeding of submerged pumps. (...)” (UNE21123-4).